Friday, June 29, 2012

Muffin Tin Pizzas


I saw this recently on Pinterest and added it to the lunch menu this week for the kids. Just took it out for a test drive today and they devoured it. I didn't try them, I opted for a Greek Turkey Wrap that I had seen on there as well, which was pretty yummy! The kids though really liked these little pizzas and isn't that what's really important?!

**Please excuse my icky, stained up muffin tin. I do have a better one that I use strictly for muffins!**

Original recipe for these babies is right HERE
and here's what I did:

What You Need:
Refrigerated pizza dough
Pizza Sauce
Shredded Cheese
Pepperoni
Muffin tin (but I guess by what the original poster says mine is a "cupcake tin"....weren't these the original muffin tins until muffins became the size of a head?

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees (as the package directed) and grease the muffin tin. I used Pam, generously. I laid the dough out and cut into 12 equal pieces and sat in the tin holes and pressed and tried to evenly get the sides up over the top, some did, some didn't, but it seemed ok in the end so don't stress!

Then I spread a spoon of pizza sauce to cover the dough and filled with cheese. I used shredded moz. Then topped with pepperoni. I couldn't find the small circles of pep so I just cut mine into quarters. Then pop into the oven at 450 and cook for 10-12 minutes!

*Oops, just noticed after c/p'ing this from the original recipe that the oven was only supposed to be 425. I went 450 for 12 and they turned out perfect. I could have probably went one less minute or so.*



No comments:

Post a Comment